[Xen-devel] Xen ReadMe's Was: Inaccessible link

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 1:18 AM, Ian Campbell - Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-11-20 at 01:11 +0000,
> xen-devel.GarveyPatrickD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Assign_Hardware_to_DomU_with_PCIBack_as_module
>> contains a link to the University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory
>> copy of the Xen User Manual
>> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/readmes/user/user.html#SECTION03231300000000000000
>> that responds, "Forbidden
>> You don't have permission to access
>> /research/srg/netos/xen/readmes/user/user.html on this server."
>>
>> Does Xen.org have the right to copy the Xen User Manual onto its own server?
>
> That documentation is built from the Xen source tree (try installing
> latex2html then"make docs") and appears to be covered by the GPL so I
> think so.

Does anyone know if the contents of
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/readmes/
is stored anywhere within the xen.org domain?

I don't, yet, have an installed copy of Xen nor, as noted, access to
the Computer Lab copy of the ReadMe's, so I can't generate a
significant search string to help me locate them within Xen.org
domain.

> However that particular doc is not well maintained (although the
> particular section which is referenced doesn't look so bad). IMHO it
> would be better to move the information onto the wiki itself (assuming
> it isn't already duplicated somewhere).

As to maintaining the ReadMe's, is there anyone actively attempting to
maintain them?