Re: [Xen-devel] netdev watchdog timeout and FTQ dump

Hi Team,

Due to heavy network traffic I can see the following warnings  in xenserver logs. As I understand the first one is the watchdog time out and second one is FTQ dump.

Sep 12 06:43:20 XENHOST05 kernel: WARNING: at net/sched/sch_generic.c:261 dev_watchdog+0x241/0x250()
Sep 12 06:43:20 XENHOST05 kernel: Hardware name: ProLiant DL385 G7
Sep 12 06:43:20 XENHOST05 kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0 (bnx2): transmit queue 7 timed out

&&

bnx2: eth0: BNX2_RV2P_PFTQ_CTL 10000

bnx2: eth0: BNX2_RV2P_TFTQ_CTL 20000

bnx2: eth0: BNX2_RV2P_MFTQ_CTL 4000

bnx2: eth0: BNX2_TBDR_FTQ_CTL 4002

bnx2: eth0: BNX2_TDMA_FTQ_CTL 10002

bnx2: eth0: BNX2_TXP_FTQ_CTL 10000

Is this the problem because of  cpu states enabled in intel processor (as addressed earlier) or there is something related to Broadcom driver bnx2 as well.

Can I get a patch or any information regarding this.

Thanks & Regards,

PANKAJ KUMAR BISWAS

Software Maintenance Engineer | XenServer India | Citrix Systems Inc.

Ext. 41225 | Email:  pankaj.kumarbiswas@xxxxxxxxxx