Re: [Xen-devel] Phoronix Xen vs KVM vs Virtualbox benchmark with Ubuntu 11.10

Boris,

--On 2 November 2011 06:08:30 -0700 Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was able to load Oneiric as PV on HVM at Xen 4.1.2 Oneiric Dom0
(3.1.0-030100-generic)  after rebuilding the recent 3.1.0-3 Ubuntu's
kernel with
CONFIG_XEN_PLATFORM_PCI=y , uploading debian packages  :-

I very much doubt the reviewer did this. The -server variant (certainly
on one of the Oneiric pre-releases) had CONFIG_XEN_PLATFORM_PCI=m so
it should have been brought in by modprobe. I would guess -virtual
is the same. The installer OTOH does /not/ have the module in the udeb
which is an omission.

I am pretty sure we (eventually) got the standard -server kernel
to boot without rebuilding it, and have /dev/xvda etc. show up.

--
Alex Bligh

fgrep XEN /boot/config-3.0.0-12-server
CONFIG_XEN=y