Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Getting the page fault count for domU

I'm assuming you're talking about faults through the paging mechanism.

The page fault handling is all done in dom0 user-space, so the number
of faults for a particular vCPU for a given period in time can be
easily tracked by the daemon without modifying hypervisor code.  When
a vCPU faults (i.e. trys to access a page that is currently paged
out), it will be paused -- so it's not possible for the vCPU to accrue
additional page faults until the userspace daemon handles the first
one.  I'm not sure what your use-case is, but there's probably a
better way of sharing this information with other user-space tools
than through an additional field in struct domain.

Cheers,
-Adin