[Xen-devel] xm list vs xl list (Fedora Core 16, Xen 4.1.1)

So Fedora 16 is using Xen 4.1.1 and I am seeing some weird
things that I *think* we fixed at some point but maybe not?

[root@tst004 ~]# xl list
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  3917     2     r-----      35.4
[root@tst004 ~]# xm list
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  3726     2     r-----     35.6

So a bit off..

And then:
[root@tst004 ~]# xl mem-set 0 3000
libxl: error: libxl.c:2114:libxl_set_memory_target cannot get memory info from
/local/domain/0/memory/static-max
: No such file or directory

Anybody remember what this might be? Should we back-port some extra changes
in 4.1-testing?

What is also weird is if I do

xm mem-set 0 3000

after the ballooning is done I get:
[root@tst004 ~]# xl list
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  2281     2     r-----      38.7
[root@tst004 ~]# xm list
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  3000     2     r-----     38.9

The 'xl list' is more accurate, as we have "2034404" memory (so it is still
off a bit).