Re: [Xen-devel] help: monitor table and hap

Hi,

At 14:57 -0700 on 27 Sep (1317135433), Mukesh Rathor wrote:
> I'm trying to figure what the purpose of monitor_table is? It seems to
> be used for shadow_mode_external, which I understand doesn't apply to
> HAP mode?

paging_mode_external(d) is true for all HVM guests, including HAP ones.
It means that the Xen virtual addresses aren't reserved in guest
pagetables (the way they are in PV guests).

The monitor_table, in those cases, is the set of pagetables that Xen
runs on when that guest's VCPUs are scheduled (e.g. in VMEXIT handlers).

Cheers,

Tim.