Re: [Xen-devel] Re: F16, yum install xen, run grub2 or grubby as needed?

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 10:29:50PM +0100, M A Young wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2011, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
>
> >Hey Michael,
> >
> >I was playing today with
> >https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/grubby-8.2-1.fc16?_csrf_token=014c2b18c3b6e843699e9ef1e56cf9726c5c4fc2
> >and https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/grub2-1.99-6.fc16 which make the
> >grub.cfg have the
> >correct entries of Xen and Linux.
> >
> >And realized that I had to manually do:
> >
> >grub2-mkconfig > /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
> >
> >which ends up doing the new stanza.. but in some sense I think
> >it makes senee for the Xen script to actually call this.
> >
> >Thoughts?
>
> It probably makes sense to have a post-install/post-uninstall script
> in the xen-hypervisor RPM to run this. The updated grub2 creates a
> set of entries for each of xen-4.1.1.gz and its two symbolic links
> xen-4.1.gz and xen.gz which is a bit untidy, so perhaps it makes
> sense to remove the symbolic links.

Taking this a step further.. what about re-ordering the boot order?
Say 'yum install xen-hypervisor' (which implies that the user has a good
idea of what Xen is), would make sure that the Xen 4.1.1 stanze is called
before the baremetal? Not sure what it would entail
(modifying /etc/default/grub?) and whether that is actually OK?