[Xen-devel] Re: Dom0 ACPI S3 patches

Dear Konrad,

first off, I am really sorry to first post that everything is just fine and
then -- while responding to your mail -- getting the same crash again. :-(

> > which I could solve:
> > * Machine crashes some time after wakeup with "BUG: unable to handle kernel
> >   NULL pointer dereferenced at (null)". The crashing process was sshd as I
> >   am forwarding my window manager from a DomU to X with nouveau running on
> >   Dom0 with sdm.
> >   I fixed that by setting all interrupts in the BIOS to "auto-select"
> >   instead of the fixed default of "IRQ11". Since then I had no more crashes.
>
> Ok, any other data? Stack trace?
Find that stuff attached: the archive contains the kernel trace (I took a
photo, typed the stuff and checked twice... In case you want to have the
photo, just tell me) and two relevant parts of the syslog (9.6G
uncompressed):
First part is last two messages of the suspend process from yesterday and
the wakeup messages from today morning.
The other part is me plugging in my phone (which I used to take pictures of
the kernel trace), mounting it as usb mass storage device and finally
copying images dom0 to the domU that runs my desktop.
Right after copying finished I was looking at the images for some minutes.

I noticed these WARNINGs on all other crashes too. From the first
appearance of these warnings it took 2 to 10 minutes to crash. Apps that
triggered the warnings were: apt-get, bash, cp, dpkg, gzip, swapd, evtchn,
xenfs, xm_wm, Xorg, vi, "rs:main", "kworker/u:30" and several more...

I hope this helps. I'd be more than happy to help out with testing!

-- Adi