Re: [Xen-devel] gentoo cant attach bridge

On 12 September 2011 13:43, Alexey M. <amamonov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, i configure xen 4.1.1 on gentoo and configured bridge in this system
> xenbr0
Hi!
I have configured the bridge xenbr0 for my gentoo too and I don't have
this problem.

> brctl show
> bridge name bridge id STP enabled interfaces
> xenbr0 8000.984be16d4aac yes vlan201
You have vlan201 (?) I use eth0, but this is not so relevant I guess,
and I don't use STP.

Remember that with the new toolstack xl, the xend daemon is no longer used.
Actually, you may see that with the new version of xen-tools the
"xend" use flag has
been disabled. So, get rid of that now and configure the bridge at system level.

This is the content of my /etc/conf.d/net file, to have the bridge ON
at startup:
config_eth0="null"

bridge_xenbr0="eth0"

brctl_xenbr0=(
 "setfd 0"
 "stp off"
)

config_xenbr0=(
   "dhcp"
)

Then I've put net.xenbr0 in the default runlevel in order to have it
up automatically at boot time.

> then chenged:
>  /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp
> (vif-script vif-bridge)
> (network-script /bin/true)
This is no longer needed. The only bridge settings I've found is in the
/etc/xen/xl.conf file.

> cat /etc/xen/guest|grep vif
>
> vif = [ "mac=00:16:36:6b:93:ef, bridge=xenbr0" ]
>
> But:
> xl create guest
> brctl show
> bridge name bridge id STP enabled interfaces
> xenbr0 8000.984be16d4aac yes vlan201
>
> No any new interfaces.
I never see new interfaces there, but the guest always started with the
network activated. Now I have other problems which I've posted to this
list yesterday,
but no replies yet :(

In any case, don't forget to migrate to the new toolstack as suggested.

Bye

--
Flavio