Re: [Xen-devel] 3.0.4 and 3.1-rc4 based dom0 won't boot with acpi=off

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 12:43:18AM +0200, Sven Köhler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when using acpi=off in the kernel or xen command line, the system won't
> boot. On real hardware, I saw a few interrupt related warnings from the
> usb drivers. The system then seemed to lock up when trying to do I/O via
> AHCI. Same in virtualbox. System won't come up.

Not surprised. Without the ACPI we can't find parse the interrupt table,
so you don't get any interrupts.

This is result of the reboot issue you have been seeing with your box?
You might want to try some parameters on the Xen line to alter how
it is suppose to reboot.

/*
 * reboot=b[ios] | t[riple] | k[bd] | n[o] [, [w]arm | [c]old]
 * warm   Don't set the cold reboot flag
 * cold   Set the cold reboot flag
 * bios   Reboot by jumping through the BIOS (only for X86_32)
 * triple Force a triple fault (init)
 * kbd    Use the keyboard controller. cold reset (default)
 * acpi   Use the RESET_REG in the FADT
 */