[Xen-devel] Intel-VTd problem

Hello to you guys,

yeah Im also one of the people who seem to have a corrupted BIOS.
I read already stuff about the issue's with certain vendors -
and I guess in one particular area it was made clear that even you
cant do a lot about it you still collect details.

CPU             Intel Core i7 X980
Mainboard       Asus P6T WS Professional (X58/LGA1333)(bios 1207)
                rev. 1.01G

I also have two other questions (last time I was testing Xen it was back
in '06).

A)
        (XEN) Enabled directed EOI with ioapic_ack_old on!
        (XEN) ENABLING IO-APIC IRQs
        (XEN)  -> Using old ACK method
What does this mean?

B)
When the hypervisor tries to load my DOM0 it takes a long time until it
continues the boot process (it hangs somewhere after freeing unused
memory (loaded the initrd)) - what could that be?

I append my dmesg logs (both XEN and DOM0).
My host OS is a Gentoo GNU/Linux running 2.6.38-xen kernel.

therion@kali ~ > qlist -Iv xen
app-emulation/xen-4.1.1
app-emulation/xen-tools-4.1.1-r1
sys-kernel/xen-sources-2.6.38