[Xen-API] Job opportunities at Citrix Systems (Cambridge, UK)

Hi folks,

I just wanted to let everyone know that Citrix is hiring developers to work on the OCaml-based XenAPI toolstack.

We are looking to recruit top-class engineers to work on the toolstack; applicants must have a good knowledge of data structures and algorithms, experience of programming in the context of large systems and general aesthetic good taste when it comes to code and architecture.

Our code base is significant and varied: over 130,000 lines of OCaml, solving problems ranging from the low-level (Xen hypercalls) to the high-level (resource pool management), to the compiler-driven (generating language bindings for our Xen datamodel).

Our ideal candidate will have:

* significant experience of applications programming in high-level functional languages (such as OCaml)
* an aptitude for implementing (and reasoning about) complex concurrent, distributed systems
* the skills required to contribute to both the architectural design and day-to-day development of a large code-base
* strong communication skills and problem solving ability
* a determination to deliver great products that perform brilliantly and meet our customers' needs

So if you want to tackle interesting and challenging programming problems and contribute to an innovative, fast-growing product that is already used by tens of thousands of customers across the world, please don't hesitate to send me your CV.

Thanks,

Mike McClurg

PS: Please note that you must have UK right to work. Here are the official job postings, but if you apply please CC me your CV.

Req #11673 Software Development Engineer http://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_citrix/emea_region/jobDetails.do?functionName=getJobDetail&jobPostId=32491&localeCode=en-us

Req #11897 Senior Software Developer http://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_citrix/emea_region/jobDetails.do?functionName=getJobDetail&jobPostId=33053&localeCode=en-us