Re: [Xen-devel] Re: cs 23453:4f4970d2848d beaks Win 7

On 09/01/11 11:32, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 10:08 +0100, Christoph Egger wrote:
On 09/01/11 10:50, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 09:36 +0100, Christoph Egger wrote:
cs 23453:4f4970d2848d breaks Win 7. It fails to initialize the CPUs
as shown in the device manager and this causes a BSOD on shutdown.

Are you 100% sure it's that cset?

Yes, I am. I found that c/s by bisecting. I used the latest xen-kernel
and toolchain, just replaced the hvmloader binary and booted a
Win7 guest (both 32bit and 64bit) with one vcpu.

An hvmloader binary built from c/s 23452 works.
BTW: I use the rombios.

  >  It moves a few things around but it doesn't actually remove anything.

  From a first glance, bios_info_setup() is called earlier with this c/s.

I guess something could be clobbering that datastructure but there isn't
much of interest in it now anyway. This stuff has subsequently been
reorganised even more and moved around etc. I presume it is broken even
for xen-unstable.hg 23809:85b29185c911?

Yes, it is.

I'll see if I can repro. Can you post your guest cfg file please?

builder="hvm"
memory=2048
name="win7"
vcpus=1
acpi=1
apic=1
vif = [ 'type=ioemu, model=e1000' ]
disk = [ 'file:/hvm-guest/win7.img,ioemu:hda,w' ]
sdl=0
vnc=1
stdvga=1
usb=1
usbdevice='tablet'

--
---to satisfy European Law for business letters:
Advanced Micro Devices GmbH