Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel bug from 3.0 (was phy disks and vifs timing out in DomU)

On 26/08/2011 15:44, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 10:26:06AM -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
>> What is interesting is that it happens only with 32-bit guests and with
>> not-so fast hardware: Atom D510 for me and in your case MSI MS-7309
>> motherboard
>> (with what kind of processor?). I've a 64-bit hypervisor - not sure if you
>> are using a 32-bit or 64-bit.
>>
>> I hadn't tried to reproduce this on the Atom D510 with a 64-bit Dom0.
>> But I was wondering if you had this setup before - with a 64-bit dom0?
>> Or is that really not an option with your CPU?
> So while I am still looking at the hypervisor code to figure out why
> it would give me:
>
> (XEN) mm.c:3846:d0 Could not find L1 PTE for address fbb42000
>
> I've cobbled this patch^H^H^Hhack to retry the transaction to see if this is
> a tempory issue (race) or really - somehow that L1 PTE is gone.
>
> If you could, can you try it out and see if the errors that are spit
> are repeated - mainly the "Could not find L1 PTE". You will need to
> run the hypervisor with "loglvl=all" to get that information.
>
> to compile the hypervisor with debug=y to get that
I built xen with debug on I think (make debug=y world ; make debug=y
install)

I've taken linux 3.0.3 and added the patch which seems to have compiled
correctly.

The DomU's continue to fail as before.

Attached are a number of logs:

dmesg.0.log - After Dom0 had booted, but before any DomU's had started
dmesg.1.log - After the first DomU had started (subsequent DomUs
generated no further messages)

domU-1.log - the console log of the first time the dom U was started
This dom U fails to run, and generates a kernel bug report

domU-2.log - the console log of the second time the dom U was started
This dom U also fails to run, but with different output. It does not
generate a kernel bug report

messages - the relevant /var/log/messages output

Anthony.