[Xen-devel] Re: linux-next: manual merge of the xen tree with the tip tree

Hi,

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:26:37 -0700 "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 08/25/2011 11:13 AM, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> > On 08/24/2011 09:24 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> >>
> >> Today's linux-next merge of the xen tree got a conflict in
> >> arch/x86/include/asm/spinlock.h between a series of commits from the tip
> >> tree and a smaller series of similar commits from the xen tree.
> >>
> >> I see that Linus is commenting on these patches at the moment, and its
> >> not easy to resolve the conflicts, so I will just use the xen tree from
> >> next-20110824 for today.
> >>

> > Thanks Stephen; the xen tree ones are more current, and I want to make
> > sure I didn't screw up any of the cmpxchg/xadd changes in a wider test env.
> >

> Stephen: the x86/spinlocks branch in the -tip tree is obsolete and
> should be dropped.

That's a bit tricky as I get a rolled up tip tree.  The best I could do
is revert the commit that merges the x86/spinlocks branch into
auto-latest ...  I'll do that for today (unless something happens to the
tip tree in the next hour).

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx