Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-deve] xen/stable-2.6.32.x bare-metal: panic early exception 0e rip 10:0 error 10 cr2 0

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 01:04:48AM +0200, Andreas Olsowski wrote:
> Source:
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git
>
> Tested branches:
> xen/stable-2.6.32.x
> xen/next-2.6.32.x
>
> When trying to boot the current kernel bare-metal it will not load
> properly, instead i am prompted with:
>
> panic early exception 0e rip 10:0 error 10 cr2 0
>
> at the bottom line of the screen.
>
> Here is a screenshot:
> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/crashtm.png/
>

> System is:
> Dell PE2950 (Xeon L5335, Intel 5000 chipset)
> Debian 6.0.2 squeeze(stable)
> grub 1.98+20100804-14
>
> Kernel .config:
> http://pastebin.com/bQAyC30i
>
> It has been derived from the example configurations on
> "http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps";.
>

> The kernel boots loads fine as dom0 under Xen 4.1.1
>

> Though i know this kernel tree is intended to be a dom0 kernel, it
> should still be bootable bare-metal or am i mistaken?

It should have been. Not sure what is happening - however the 3.0.x
kernel boots for you as Dom0 and baremetal, right?

> It worked previously, allthough i am unable to tell what the latest
> working version was.

OK. I don't think we are going to look at this in much detail unless
you have some bisection numbers.

The upstream 3.x kernels are our main focus - to make sure they work
properly and we haven't really focused much on the 2.6.32.