Re: [Xen-devel] with kernel's option 'nosmp', dom0 does not init LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS1064ET

  • To: Константин Алексеев <kv.alekseev@xxxxxxxxx>, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir.xen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 07:53:56 +0100
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 23:55:04 -0700

On 17/08/2011 07:16, "Константин Алексеев" <kv.alekseev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2011/8/17 Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Did you follow also the suggestions in the bugzilla from Ian (about dom0_..)
>> ?
>> Did that fix the issue?
>
> If you mean suggestions from Ian in debian bug report, then yes,
> I use dom0_max_vcpus=1 and everything works well.
> Ian asked to test this bug with the latest kernel and report it.
> That's what I'm doing

It's really an unsupported configuration. If you want to limit dom0 vcpus
then dom0_max_vcpus= on Xen command line is the correct way. Specifying
nosmp causes the machine to boot up in a legacy configuration which we do
not test, and is likely to cause mismatches in expectations between dom0 and
Xen. There's no good reason to specify it for general use.

 -- Keir