Re: [Xen-devel] Re: xen-unstable: xen hang on boot

On 11/08/2011 07:58, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Are those:
>>> 31683aa4bfb3 acpi: Add support for old and new bios erst, enable
>>> mce_apei logic
>>> 3d18ff6589e3 x86, mce: Dump mce log by ERST when mc panic
>>
>> Yes. Actually now you can just try the tip of staging/xen-unstable. I
>> reverted the hunk that was causing problems on our AMD boxes.
>
> On some systems only, apparently (according to the stage testing).
> Perhaps the changes need to be reverted entirely?

The remainder of the two patches apparently only add an extra file for
compilation, and then use one of its functions during MCE processing. I
don't think they can have any effect on boot, and boot problems must be due
to some other, perhaps previously masked, bug.

 -- Keir