Re: [Xen-devel] Are there source codes for Xen-IB?

On Sat, 2011-05-28 at 19:15 +0100, Joseph Glanville wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I happen to have done a huge amount of research into this as our
> infrastructure is all based on converged Infiniband.
>
> Xen-IB and SmartIO were two seperate attempts at building a
> paravirtualised Infinband driver for Xen that allowed guests to use
> native Infinband protocols at close to native speeds. Being
> paravirtualised they were live-migration cappable and many domU could
> share a single Infiniband adapter.
>
> As far as I am aware both of the projects are dead,

Ah, thanks for the info, sounds like there was some interesting ideas
here once upon a time. I'm not 100% sure that Xen-IB and SmartIO were
actually different projects,
http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/xen/index.html seems to
suggest they are actually the same.

So I guess I stand corrected: the xen-smartio repo does contain some PV
IB drivers but since they are for 2.6.16 and for the Xen PV architecture
(not KVM) I don't know how much use they will be to the OP.

FWIW I also found http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenSmartIO and
http://www.openfabrics.org/archives/nov2006sc/xen-ib-presentation.pdf
while further researching.

Ian.