[Xen-devel] Re: PVOPS: missing some xen symbols in vmlinux

On 05/26/2011 06:59 PM, Mukesh Rathor wrote:
> I am trying to figure out what is it about those xen functions, any
> thoughts?

I'd noticed that myself - I'm not really sure what causes it.  For the
asm ones it can be caused by missing the proper type/length directives
for the symbol, but AFAICS those are all C functions.  xen_start_kernel
is asmlinkage, but I don't think that should matter.

Is it just that gdb doesn't find the symbols?  Or are there other
functional problems as well?

What version of the toolchain are you using?  Do you have
CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO enabled?

Thanks,