Re: [Xen-devel] PVOPS dom0 requires nomodeset to boot but video requires modesetting driver

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 08:50:45AM -0400, John McDermott (U.S. Navy Employee)
wrote:
> Xen Users,
>
> In trying to bring up a new machine, I have debugged to the point that it
> appears that nomodeset is required to boot a pvops dom0 on Xen 4.0.1, on this
> machine (otherwise a udevd failure), but the video will not work without KMS,
> i.e. dom0 gets a "No modesetting driver detected" error. Everything in dom0
> works fine remotely, including X forwarding, but no GUI on the console. I
> have tried all combinations of iommu, nomodeset, and nopat. I have also tried
> intel_iommu=igfx_off, without changing the results.

You need to give more details. lspci -vv, dmesg, serial console, which version
of Dom0, etc.

> Any suggestions?

Couple, but not sure if they apply without the data above.