[Xen-devel] Possible Compatibility Bug in xl create

Dear all,

there is a problem with xl that will still prevent it tob e a
replacement for xm in /etc/init.d/xendomains.

I tracked it down to the rdname function in the a.m. file, which is
expecting the command

  xm create --dryrun --quiet <config-file>

to create a Lisp-like structure, where the xendomain script will extract
the DomU name from.

  xl create --dryrun --quiet <config-file>

will not output such a structure.

  xl -d -f <config-file>

will do, but as soon as combined with -n, it will not.

My setting is starting/shutting down only DomUs mentioned in
/etc/xen/auto.

BR,
Carsten.