[Xen-devel] Hackathon invitation proposal

  • To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Juergen Gross <juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 01:00:00 +0200 (CEST)
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 17 May 2011 16:54:20 -0700
  • Domainkey-signature: s=s1536a; d=ts.fujitsu.com; c=nofws; q=dns; h=X-SBRSScore:X-IronPort-AV:Received:X-IronPort-AV: Received:Received:From:Reply-To:Organization:MIME-Version: To:Subject:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding: Message-Id:Date; b=gyAtgGZ++yEICBkujwQcrp1WE0tqirjCRJEPSNowRoUTrv8xXp/xJXUP T5mMfPvSiLKwya1F00sM6yCbHvj85aLgLzkP2m1gTlbDjS8igV9LRM55O 2AEMNnSYjhOi7bD4uCNtCKmUSqMdZ+acGO6sTu4+dnvwMYmHYwE/OF+N/ t532jUR2ubZNyJ29cbF8flAjm2IvAcrEjGVUj+X/0XL0SMuY4LLYLIPtp rt17ARSGQAb/1rx8e5FtfdIWXyJ+t;

Dear Xen Developers,

After the first Xen Hackathon in Cambridge, I would like to announce
the second Xen.org hackathon to be held in Munich, Germany between
13-15 September 2011 (the week before the Oktoberfest).

The aim of the event is to give developers the opportunity to meet
face to face to discuss development, coordinate hacking and
collaborate with other developers as well as allowing everyone to put
names with faces.

There will be no schedule, planned talks, presentations etc nor is
there any specific agenda other than the above.

Note that the event will not incorporate developer or user training.

There are a limited number of places available at the venue and
therefore the event will be by invitation only. If you would like to
be invited please email me as soon as you are able and no later than
the end of July. Please email me only and not the whole list, reply-to
set as appropriate.

If you think you would like to come but are unsure if you will be able
to make it let me know and I can include you on a provisional basis.

It is my hope that it will be possible to invite everyone who asks but
in case this is not possible please include details of the projects or
areas you are, or expect to be, working on, as well as who you expect
to be collaborating on as this will allow me to (try and) ensure that
the invitation list covers suitable grouping of people with mutual
interests and that where possible the majority of those who are active
in a given area area are included.

With that in mind, if there is someone who works in your area(s) of
interest who you feel needs to attend in order for the event to be
productive for you or if there are areas of development which you feel
would benefit from getting a particular group of developers together
then please be sure to convince those individuals to email me.

I will let those who are invited know in early August. This should
give everyone plenty of opportunity to book flights and accommodation.
Please be aware that the Oktoberfest starts in the week after the
Hackathon. It might be a good idea to book flights and hotels as soon
as possible.

There is no registration fee however as an attendee you will need to
cover your own travel, accommodation and other costs such as evening
meals etc. Lunch will be provided by the venue. We can provide
guidance on places to stay.

The venue will be fitted out with WiFi and sufficient bandwidth to
enable remote access (e.g. SSH, VPN etc) to your build and test
systems. I'm afraid it won't be possible to provide any particular
test hardware resource so please prepare for remote access (or bring
your own).

I can't guarantee it will be possible to support large data transfers
like network installs or large downloads etc so please be prepared and
bring what you need.

Looking forward to seeing many of you there!

Juergen.

--
Juergen Gross                 Principal Developer Operating Systems
TSP ES&S SWE OS6                       Telephone: +49 (0) 89 3222 2967