RE: [Xen-devel] what happens when a PoD page is touched?

In that case I guess your slowdown is caused by touching the pages. IIRC you
will encounter a sweep every time you touch a pod page and the cache is
exhausted. The sweep should reap all zeroed pages and hopefully fill the cache
so the sweep should not be invoked too often. Try using the non-touching
allocator.

  Paul