Re: [Xen-devel] full featured, fully bug-fix pv-ops branch?

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 04:07:40PM +0300, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 01:16:11PM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > Jeremy, Konrad,
> >
> > stumbling over this once in a while (this time looking for where Dominic's
> > "blktap: Fix reference to freed struct request" patch ended up, without
> > any success so far) I wonder what pv-ops branch(es) is (are) supposed
> > to be the one(s) (e.g.) distros ought to use - that is, fully featured (at
> > least as far as non-experimental features go) *and* fully bug-fixed.

We should talk then - I did not want to commit to a specific branch
b/c I wasn't sure which one the majority of the distors would want
to settle one.

There is a pretty good bug-fixed (thanks to Virtual Computer) and mostly
featured (blkback, netback, blktap2) branch that I was thinking to setup
and start upstreaming the pieces.

> > The branches XenParavirtOps on the wiki points to don't seem to be the
> > ones (some of them seem not to have a blktap implementation at all),
> > and gathering bits from various people's private trees can't be the
> > ultimate solution...
> >

> Afaik Jeremy's xen.git xen/stable-2.6.32.x is supposed to be the
> long-term stable branch, following upstream kernel.org long-term branch.

<nods>