Re: [Xen-devel] Console is not working with 2.6.38.4 Dom0 and Xen unstable

On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 07:31:21PM +0800, Wei Liu wrote:
> I test with various command line options, along with Konrad's [1] and
> Jeremy's [2] kernel. It's still blank.

For the Intel graphic cards to work, you need CONFIG_DMAR to be set.
Do you have that?

> Konrad's kernel is 2.6.39-rc4, runs well on bare metal, blank screen
> on Xen unstable.

I am 99% sure you have forgotten to set CONFIG_DMAR?

> Jeremy's kernel is 2.6.32.39, assertion fails with
> boot_cpu_has(X86_FEATURE_TSC_RELIABLE) when booting on Xen unstable.
>
> I also skim hvc_xen.c, the Dom0 console operations are straight
> forward -- they are just wrapper of console IO hypercall.

For that, try 'debug loglevel=8 console=hvc' on your Linux line to make sure
that the output
is being piped through to the Xen hypervisor.

And on the Xen hypervisor do have 'console_to_ring'

> Is that a hardware-related problem?
No.