Re: [Xen-devel] Need some help to install Xen 4.0.1 on debian squeeze

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 10:53:31AM +0530, Lakshitha Harshan wrote:
>    Hi,
>
>    I'm trying to install Xen 4.0.1 on debian squeeze using the source. I've
>    followed the installation procedure on Xen 4.0 wiki.
>    But when executing xm commands it says,
>    Traceback (most recent call last):
>      File "/usr/sbin/xm", line 5, in <module>
>        from xen.xm import main
>    ImportError: No module named xen.xm
>    Could someone please provide me a step-by-step guide to install Xen?

This sounds like Debian specific problem, ie. the python include paths
are wrong.. I think I've seen a solution like this earlier on this list:

make install-tools PYTHON_PREFIX_ARG=

ie. empty parameter for PYTHON_PREFIX_ARG causes the python
modules to go to correct directory on debian/ubuntu.

-- Pasi