Re: [Xen-devel] Re: How to connect to the Internet in pv DomU

 On 09/28/2010 09:21 PM, Bei Guan wrote:
> I got it.
> I just set the  vif=['bridge=virbr0']  in the DomU configure file. And
> then, I can ping the dom0 successfully from DomU. I also can access to
> the internet from DomU. On my computer it is bridge=virbr0, but I
> think you also can try bridge=xenbr0 on your computer.
>
> However, I have another question.
>
> I cannot not assign the DomU ip address in its configure file. For
> example, vif=['ip=192.168.122.20, bridge=virbr0'] does not work and my
> DomU‘s IP is assigned through the dhcp, that is 192.168.122.192. (My
> virbr0's IP is 192.168.122.1)
> So how can I assign IP to the DomU?

IP addresses are something that machines - virtual or physical - set for
themselves.  It might be statically configured, or it might be from a
dhcp server, but either way the domain itself needs to do the setting.

I guess in principle dom0 could stick the ip address into xenstore and
the domU could fetch it from there, but AFAIK there's no mechanism to do
that.