Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Patch] update cpumask handling for cpu pools in libxc and python [and 1 more messages]

Juergen Gross writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Patch] update cpumask handling for
cpu pools in libxc and python"):
> On 09/20/10 18:11, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > The cpumask one still seems to assume little-endian, doesn't it ?
>
> No, I don't think so.
> The hypervisor is using byte arrays for cpumasks in its interface to the
> tools. There bitmap_byte_to_64() is being used to convert it to uint64_t
> arrays.

Ah, OK.

> The main reason to change cpumask representation in the tools to a byte array
> (which I will do soon in another patch) is to avoid extra allocation of a
> buffer for the interface to the hypervisor.

OK.

However, I haven't applied your patch because it breaks the libxl
build.  You need to fix up all callers of xc_cpupool_getinfo
(libxl.c:622 and perhaps elsewhere).

Thanks,