Re: [Xen-devel] Assigning contiguous memory to a driver domain

At 01:45 +0100 on 21 Sep (1285033549), Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> > I may be too far behind on this thread, but aren't we only talking about
> > driver domains with passthrough?   Is it even possible to migrate
> > driver domains yet?
>
> Not with devices attached.  But there should be no problem in principle
> with detaching all the devices, migrating, the reattaching everything.

But would you want to?  :)

If you did, you'd have to have a hook post-migrate for the kernel to try
and reconstitute contiguous areas that it cares about.  At the moment
there's no way for the tools to know whether PFNs are contiguous by
chance or on purpose.

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, XenServer Engineering