Re: [Xen-users] VGA passthrough problems with GeForce GTS 250 and P7Q57-M DO (also: LGA1156 boards with working VT-d)

Dear Andrew,

I have briefly glimpsed through the technical specifications of your ASUS motherboard.

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=XSm0g8qR5qb7UN30

At present, Xen 4.0.1 only supports Intel integrated graphics (IGD) VGA passthrough. Add-on PCI Express x16 graphics cards are not supported yet. Patches, which are currently unavailable, have to be applied to Xen 4.0.1. You may wish to passthrough your onboard VGA instead of your NVIDIA GeForce GTS display card.

I am getting stability issues in VGA passthrough with Intel integrated graphics (IGD), Xen 4.0.1, and pv-ops dom0 kernel 2.6.32.21 on my Intel Desktop Board DQ45CB. Windows XP HVM domU crashes with a BSOD within 2 minutes after booting up.

Please try out Intel integrated graphics (IGD) VGA passthrough and let me know whether you encounter any stability issues (Xen 4.0.1).

Thank you.

--
Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) åæé Dip(Mechatronics) BEng(Hons)(Mechanical
Engineering)
Citizenship: Singapore Citizen/Singaporean
Facebook account: Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000750083982
Facebook photos:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000750083982#!/profile.php?id=100000750083982&v=photos
Facebook videos:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000750083982&v=app_2392950137
Mobile Phone (Starhub pre-paid): +65-8369-2618
Windows Live Messenger: teoenming-at-hotmail.com
Location: Bedok Reservoir Road, Singapore
ZIP: 470103
My Open Letter (Plea for Medical Help/Assistance) to World Leaders (Updated 28
August 2010):-
http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/mpich-discuss/2010-August/007811.html
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-August/295952.html
http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user/msg_f6a341d9623fda17880159b137c07335.xml
Photo of Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) åæé of Singapore:
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/5052/mrteoenmingzhangenmingo.jpg