[Xen-devel] PV driver domains and S3 sleep

Hello,

The topic is self-explanatory: how to ensure that a PV driver domain correctly
prepares its PCI devices for S3 sleep?
If I do "pm-suspend" in dom0, and the driver domain has active network
interfaces,
suspend hangs the system. Yes, in case of this particular machine, suspend works
fine when there is no driver domain.
It is possible to manually invoke scripts from /usr/lib64/pm-utils/sleep.d/ in
driver
domain. In the test case, "ifconfig down wlan0" in the driver domain allows
the suspend to go smoothly. But generally, is it enough ? The kernel device
driver should
prepare the PCI device properly for S3, shouldn't it ?
Would it be more proper to [somehow] notify a driver domain _kernel_ that we
are
going to S3 (just like dom0 kernel is notified), and let it execute all
necessary actions
(including, but not only, launching of usermode pm-utils scripts), just like
dom0 kernel
does ? Would it work at all, considering that driver domain kernel has no
access to
ACPI tables ?
Currently, how are these issues taken care of in the mainstream Xen?

Thanks in advance,
Rafal Wojtczuk