[Xen-devel] Re: [Pkg-xen-devel] using xen tools with python2.6

On 13.09.2010 10:38, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Sun, 2010-09-12 at 16:25 +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
there are at least some syntax errors when trying to use the xen utils with
python2.6.  The attached patch changes these string exception into ValueError's.

Thanks Matthias.

   - tools/python/xen/util/bugtool.py (getBugTitle)
   - tools/python/xen/xend (class XendBase): not catched
   - tools/python/xen/xm/xenapi_create.py (sxp2xmlconvert_sxp_to_xml):
     the method already raises a ValueError for similiar condition.
   - tools/python/xen/xm/main.py (xm_network_attach): not catched.

For all but maybe the first one, the replacement of the string exceptions into
ValueError's seems to be safe.

Why is the first one potentially unsafe?

because I didn't check where it's used.

What do you mean by "not catched" here? Just that nothing catches the
exception?

yes, and the first one seems to match this definition too.

Please could you provide a Signed-off-by line for upstream?

hmm, any pointers? I hope my friendly distribution packager could help ...

  Matthias