Re: [Xen-devel] Making snapshot of logical volumes handling HVM domU causes OOPS and instability

Hi All,

Thought I'd chip in with some info from what I experienced/noticed on my
system. (Not seen the instability described though).
I hope these help with isolating the OPs issue.

On Monday 30 August 2010 20:18:08 Scott Garron wrote:
> On 08/30/2010 12:52 PM, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:

<snipped udev>

> >> I think this issue [unresponsive network interfaces] also causes xm
> >> console to not allow you to type on the console
> >
> > Hm, not familiar with this problem.  Perhaps its just something wrong
> > with your console settings for the domain?  Do you have "console=" on
> > the kernel command line?
>
>       I have "extra = "console=hvc0"" in the domU configuration files.
> The keyboard input works just fine for some time.  It ceased accepting
> input at around the same time that the network interfaces stopped
> responding, but that could have just been coincidental.
>
>       I wasn't paying full attention, so this may also have been related
> to me attaching to the console twice (Running xm console on one ssh
> session to the dom0 in addition to running xm console from another SSH
> session to the dom0).  When I couldn't connect directly to the domU via
> SSH on its network interface, I tried to attach to its console to do
> troubleshooting.  I may have already been attached to its console from
> another SSH session to the dom0 and I suppose that might cause a
> conflict.   ...  which begs the question:  "Is this the desired/expected
> behavior in this scenario?"

I noticed this behaviour already in older Xen-versions:
1) " xm console x "
2) (in a different shell-session) : " xm console x "

Observed situation: input and output for the xenconsole session is "weird" in
that commands entered and results returning are not showing where I expect it.

I believe this is " expected " behaviour.

--
Joost