Re: [Xen-devel] Requesting Assistance from Intel Engineers on Intel Integrated Graphics (IGD) VGA Passthrough for Xen 4.0.1-RELEASE and pv-ops dom0 kernel 2.6.32.x

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 01:57:26PM +0800, "Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
????????? of Singapore" wrote:
> Dear Intel Engineers,
>
> I am unable to get Intel integrated graphics (IGD) VGA passthrough to
> work with Xen 4.0.1-rc6-pre, Xen 4.0.1-RELEASE, pv-ops dom0 kernel
> 2.6.32.19 and 2.6.32.21. The moment the command "xm create <Windows XP
> HVM guest>" is executed, the screen immediately goes blank with the
> label "NO SIGNAL". It may take anywhere from 3-10 minutes before Windows
> XP Home HVM domU starts booting. The HVM guest will subsequently crash
> with a BSOD.
>
> I have posted configuration files, scripts, logs and kernel debug
> messages in threads in the xen-devel mailing list in August 2010 and
> September 2010.
>
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-08/index.html
>
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-09/index.html
>
> Please assist.

A couple of questions:

- I assume the IGD is the primary graphics?
- Do you have other graphics adapters in the same machine?
- Can you please paste "lspci -vvv" from dom0.
- Also paste your grub.conf for the entry you're using for Xen.

-- Pasi