Re: [Xen-devel] GPLPV memory ballooning and x32

On 23/05/2010 19:23, "Aravindh Puthiyaparambil" <aravindh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am running on CentOS 5.4
> xen_major              : 3
> xen_minor              : 1
> xen_extra              : .2-194.3.1.el5
>
> I have memory=8G and maxmem=8G in my HVM config file and I am trying balloon
> up and down between 1G and 8G. This works with x64 Windows. With x32 I see the
> change only within Windows i.e. Free memory in task manager. Xentop does not
> reflect the change. BTW, this is with the latest PV driver from James.
>
> What is the warning message that I should be seeing on the console? I am not
> seeing anything on the console or in xend.log.

You should see lines saying things like "memory_op 1" and memory_op 6" on
the Xen console (e.g., via 'xm dmesg'). So actually not very helpful warning
messages. But anyway, the warnings are somewhat beside the point: 32-bit HVM
ballooning will absolutely definitely not work on 64-bit Xen 3.1. It's not
going to be fixed. You need at least Xen 3.3 for that functionality.

 -- Keir