RE: [Xen-devel] philosophically about IGD pass-through (was: feature suggestion: DMAR table emulation for Xen)

> The only(?) advantage you gain by using graphics passthorugh is for the
> apps. But is it really worth it? How many 3D-capable apps business
> users
> use today? Google Earth? Anything else? So, in order to support Google
> Earth, is it really worth to introduce potential VM escape attacks?

Are you assuming business users never play the hottest latest
games at lunch or after hours?  I suppose you could use crappy
game performance as a positive selling point for your product
as long as your target audience for your sales pitch is
the CTO and other executives and not the business users
themselves. :-)

(Note, tongue-in-cheek, no need to defend your product. :)