[Xen-devel] RE: One question to compat model

Thanks for remind. Yes, this header will also be included in kernel although
this specific structure will only be used by tools.

>>How can I disable compat model now? I remember that option has been removed.
>
>You can't disable CONFIG_COMPAT anymore, but I think you should
>be able to tweak the CONFIG_COMPAT section in
>xen/arch/x86/cpu/mcheck/mce.c in a way to allow your new code to
>be built without doing anything compat-related for the new
>structures. But maybe removing the domctl.h dependency already
>clarifies matters.

Yes, it should be ok. But a curios question is, why the xenctl_cpumap has to be
defined in domctl.h. It's simply a helper function. Now I have to work like
XENPF_getidletime, passing two parameters (nr_cpus and the bitmap pointer),
combine them in hypervisor to xenctl_cpumap and then call the xenctl_cpumap
code. And the same to user space tools.

Thanks for your remind.
--jyh