[Xen-devel] lzma and 4.0 and "Internal errror', 'xc_dom_do_gunzip: inflate failed (rc=-5)"

I'm trying to load a PV domain with a kernel for which
the initramfs (but not the kernel) is compressed with
lzma, running a recent xen-4.0-testing and got:

"'Internal error', 'xc_dom_do_gunzip: inflate failed (rc=-5)'"

I discovered that, although the 4.0 wiki says that xz-devel
is required to be installed, the dependency checking tools
don't enforce it and the build silently ignores it if it
is missing.  So I installed the xz rpm's, did a make clean
in tools, then make and make install.  Still same problem.

I've checked to ensure that /usr/bin/pygrub and
/usr/lib/libxenguest.so are getting new bits and,
yes, I've shut down and restarted xend.

Any ideas of what else I might be doing wrong?