Re: [Xen-devel] So I tried to use xentrace...

Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
(XEN) ----[ Xen-4.1-unstable  x86_64  debug=y  Not tainted ]----
(XEN) CPU:    1
(XEN) RIP:    e008:[<ffff82c4801215b3>] check_lock+0x1b/0x45

This suggests the problem is with misusing a lock in the wrong interrupt
context, rather than anything to do with sizes.
Except that, it works for me if I use -S 32, and doesn't if I use -S 512 (on my 2-core box, equivalent # of pages to -S 256 on your 4-core box). :-) Try it, I suspect it will work.

Also:
* It's a page fault with a null pointer, not a bugcheck. In a non-debug build, it will crash in spin_lock instead of check_lock. * The fault is in the MMU update hypercall; I believe done when xentrace tries to map garbage pages or invalid MFNs. * This is the exact bug we were getting in product, and the bounds-checking fixed it.

Hmm... the bounds checking should be working. The maximum index is meant to be 2048 (2 pages = 8k, / sizeof(uint32_t) = 2048), and the maximum index for you is 1088, well within the t_info size. Hmm...

-George