Re: [Xen-devel] Re: a xen question

On Thu, 6 May 2010, George Dunlap wrote:
> Ahn, the backends and frontends depends on which version of the kernel
> you're using.  Do you want to look at the pv-ops kernel (the long-term
> future), or the xen-linux kernel (a fork which will never make it
> as-is into Linux, but is ATM more widely used)?
>
> Stefano, which devices are enabled in qemu in our Xen tree?  Can you
> give Anh some pointers on how to find out which files correspond to
> those devices?  Thanks!

Just starting a Linux HVM guest and executing lspci in the guest is a
good start :)

The entry to point to start all the emulated devices in qemu is
pc_init1 in hw/pc.c, from there you can find out all the
initialization functions of the emulated hardware provided by qemu to
the guest.
The main ones are the graphic card (two models available:
hw/cirrus_vga.c and hw/vga.c), network cards (two models available:
hw/e1000.c, hw/rtl8139.c), PIIX4 (hw/piix4acpi.c), PIIX3 (hw/piix_pci.c,
hw/ide.c, hw/usb-uhci.c), usb devices (hw/usb-hid.c), the xen pci
platofirm device (hw/xen_platform.c) and the serial card (hw/serial.c).