Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Qemu-dm compiling error with SDL

Ian Jackson wrote:
> Thomas Goirand writes ("Qemu-dm compiling error with SDL"):
>> Doing the following:
>>
>> cp -f /usr/share/misc/config.sub .
>> cp -f /usr/share/misc/config.guess
>> ./configure --audio-drv-list="oss alsa sdl pa esd" \
>> --audio-card-list="ac97 es1370 sb16 cs4231a adlib gus" --enable-mixemu
>> $(MAKE) install DESTDIR=debian/$(PKG_NAME)
>
> The qemu-xen-*.git tree needs to be built with the "xen-setup"
> script, rather than just running ./configure.
>
> Ian.

Thanks for this, I have now a package (which is litian clean). Resulting
work is here:

http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/x/xen-qemu-dm-3.4/

I have few questions though.

1- What is qemu-nbd-xen for, and do I need to package it (together with
its manpage)? Should it go in /usr/bin?

2- Is there anything else than qemu-dm, or qemu-img-xen, that needs to
be present in this package?

3- By default, the xen-setup script does:

./configure --disable-gfx-check --disable-curses \
   --disable-slirp "$@" --prefix=/usr

but I saw in the help of ./configure that there is:
--audio-drv-list

that can have the value oss alsa sdl esd pa fmod. I really believe that
OSS support only is not a good idea, and that ALSA, Pulse Audio, SDL and
ESD support would be good. Are they activated by default?

4- Is this normal, and could it be avoided:

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libm.so.6 could be avoided if
"debian/xen-qemu-dm-3.4/usr/lib/xen-3.4/boot/qemu-dm" were not uselessly
linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libXext.so.6 could be avoided if
"debian/xen-qemu-dm-3.4/usr/lib/xen-3.4/boot/qemu-dm" were not uselessly
linked against it (they use none of its symbols).

Another topic,

The list of persons that have volunteered for working on the package are
the persons in Cc: in this messages. Now, I need to make a common email
address for it. I can make a xenqemudm@xxxxxxxxxxx, redirecting to us 4,
but I'm open to any other solution. Especially considering that I will
still need sponsoring and that Ian J. would be the one uploading, maybe
an email address @debian.org, signed with Ian J.'s Debian key would make
more sense. Ian J., what do you think, and can you take care of that?

Thomas