Re: [Xen-devel] build problem in linux-2.6.18-xen.hg?

On 22/12/2009 17:04, "Dan Magenheimer" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just ran into this problem trying to build a linux-2.6.18-xen dom0 which
> appears suspiciously related to a recent patch.
>
> I haven't tried a new clone and build, but did do a make clean.
>
> I'll try a fresh clone, but that will take hours so thought I would
> report it first.

Fixed by c/s 969, which puts the grant_table.h public header changes
introduced by the paging/sharing patches properly into xen-unstable, and
then syncs them back into linux-2.6.18-xen.

*However*, cc'ing Gregor and Patrick as that raises the question of why this
wasn't noticed sooner. Why do we have grant-table interface extensions being
defined in a guest, but apparently no use of them (and hence no
implementation of them?) in Xen itself? I'm talking about
GNTMAP_can_fail/GNTCOPY_can_fail/GNTST_eagain -- is linux-2.6.18-xen
defining using these just for its own amusement?

 -- Keir