Re: [Xen-devel] I cannot get any message from domU by console / pv_ops domU kernel crashes with xen_create_contiguous_region failed

xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 12/22/2009 09:32:03 AM:

> > >    (early) [    0.000000] Kernel panic - not syncing:
> > >    <3>xen_create_contiguous_region failed
>
> This implies you did not have enough DMA32 memory in the hypervisor
> for the guest.
> Meaning at least 64MB. When you launch your guest, run 'xm info' and
> see what you have. The latest
> from xen-unstable tries to have _at least_ that amount of memory
available
> for the guest. Here is what I see:
>
> free_memory            : 3938
> node_to_cpu            : node0:0-1
> node_to_memory         : node0:3938
> node_to_dma32_mem      : node0:3514
>
> The node_to_dma32_mem needs to have at least 64.

I'm using Xen 3.4.2.  xm info doesn't have a 'node_to_dma32_mem' entry at
all.  I wasn't setting dom0 memory constraints via grub before, so I tried
adding dom0_mem=512M.  That makes free_memory=3533 on my system.  Still
get the same panic.

> Or you can add 'iommu=off' to your boot arguments that should
> disable the SWIOTLB.

Is iommu=off for dom0 or domU boot args.  If it's dom0, is it for the
hypervisor or the kernel?  I've tried adding it to all 3 places, but I
still get the same panic message.

-Mike