Re: [Xen-devel] I cannot get any message from domU by console / pv_ops domU kernel crashes with xen_create_contiguous_region failed

On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 13:04 +0000, Michael D Labriola wrote:
> How do I make sure xen_create_contiguous_region is privileged
> enough?

By adding a PCI device to your domU config -- that's obviously just a
workaround though and in general you do not want domUs to be able to tie
down arbitrary amounts of "special" memory.

Later on:
> When you said to enable PCI passthrough, did you mean by setting
> CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_PASS as apposed to the newer
> CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_VPCI?

This is independent of CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_*.