Re: [Xen-devel] Look for some help about Windows pv driver

fanliang wrote:
Is there any body have used GPL Windows pv driver ? Or WLK tools ? After I installed GPL windows pv driver in my windows vm, I run WLK for a while, and a few minutes later, I got a BSoD with error code STOP0X000000F4 . Used windbg to debug, I got some call stack about the system proccess .It is strange that the call stack include nothing about the pv driver. I'm wandering how can I fix this problem ? Many thanks if some one gave me some suggestions.

First, have a look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms789516.aspx and look up the bugcheck code. In your case it's CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION. If you look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms797140.aspx you'll see that parameter 1 of the bugcheck tells you the object type (process or thread), parameter 2 points to the object, parameter 3 points to the process image file name and parameter 4 points to an ASCII string telling you what happened. If you didn't already, then run !analyze -v inside windbg as it will also tell you most of this and decode some of the info for you.

  Paul

--
Paul Durrant, Software Engineer

Citrix Systems (R&D) Ltd.