RE: [Xen-devel] HPET in HVM guests

Keir, would you consider backing out 20709?  I don't think
Jan has confirmed a need to change the default, just a
question as to why the default was set as it was.

Given Dave Winchell's error measurements here:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2008-06/msg00181.html
and the long discussion that followed (which I don't
think was ever resolved or had patches applied) and
given that we don't have bug reports for the current
default, I think it would be a bad idea to change the
default, certainly without specific testing on Windows
and 2.6.9-based Linux kernels to see if the problems
Dave reported recur.