Re: [Xen-devel] [timer/ticks related] dom0 hang during boot on large 1TB system

>>> Mukesh Rathor <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx> 19.12.09 05:43 >>>
>if first ever timer interrupt comes after start_jiffies is set, dom0 boot
>may hang if delta in timer_interrupt() is so huge that it causes jiffies
>to wrap. It appears delta is very large when memory is more than 512GB on
>certain boxes causing wrap around.
>
>why is delta in dom0->timer_interrupt() related to memory on system?
>Because hyp creates dom0, then page scrubs, then unpauses vcpu. so it
>appears lot of page scurbbing results in huge delta on first tick.

Based on prior analysis of similar problems, I'm not convinced this is the
right solution: Kernel code should not need changing here. Instead, I'd
recommend trying to insert a call to process_pending_timers() every so
many pages scrubbed (just like is e.g. being done in the P2M/M2P table
population code).

Jan