Re: [Xen-devel] [timer/ticks related] dom0 hang during boot on large 1TB system

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 07:02:55 +0000
Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 18/12/2009 04:36, "Mukesh Rathor" <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The other fix I thought of was to change INITIAL_JIFFIES to
> > something sooner.
> >
> > Would appreciate any help, I don't understand xen time management
> > well.
>
> This isn't really Xen time code, but unchanged Linux time code. I
> don't know which tree you quoted the code from -- 2.6.18 has similar
> but not identical. Anyway, I suggest try using the jiffy-comparison
> macros from <linux/jiffies.h>: time_before(), time_after(), etc.
> These are designed to work even when jiffies wraps. Feel free to send
> patch(es) for that, if you test that out and it works okay.
>
>  -- Keir

It's from the unstable version 2.6.18 tree from
 http://xenbits.xensource.com/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg

file init/calibrate.c,  function calibrate_delay_direct(). I see the code
exactly the same as I mentioned.

Anyways, I'm testing out the patch, trying to reproduce and make sure
fix works.

thanks,
Mukesh