[Xen-devel] Re: is the xen toolstack backwards compatible ?

On 09/12/2009 00:23, "Sander Eikelenboom" <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So if it was no coincidence but desirable, at the moment xend and xentop from
> unstable don't seem to work on 3.4.2 hypervisor anymore.

There's no compatibility guarantee across different major Xen releases. But
Christoph Egger did a lot of work to allow multiple toolstacks to be
installed side by side. I think you should just need to specify a
PREFIX=/path/to value when building the tools. Is that right, Christoph?

 -- Keir